Heart Safe Australia’s mission is : To create Heart Safe Environments by educating and equipping them with defibrillators and the importance of these simple to use and easily accessible devices in saving lives from sudden cardiac arrest (SCA)
Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) knows no boundaries. No matter where or when SCA strikes, early use of a defibrillator can help save lives.
In Australia approximately 30,000 people sustain cardiac arrest outside hospital and are treated by emergency medical services (EMS) each year. (575 Australian’s every week)
- ONLY an average of only 9% of its victims in Australia survive
- It can happen anytime, anywhere and to anyone, even young athletes
- Early defibrillation is the single most effective treatment for SCA
- Defibrillation within three minutes of collapse can increase the chance of survival to over 70%
Creating safer places for you to work, live and play; we aim to create more Heart Safe environments across Australia by placing defibrillators in educational establishments, workplaces, sports and leisure clubs, public and community environments—allowing you to simply, safely and effectively help someone save a life by following 3 simple steps.
THREE SIMPLE but VERY IMPORTANT STEPS to save a life
- PUSH / CPR
- SHOCK – Defibrillation to restart the heart
KEEP on ♥️SAVING LIVES♥️